Sijarinska Banja spa is located in southern Serbia, on the banks of the Jablanica river and at the foot of Goljak mountain. It lies 520 m above sea-level and is 50 km from Leskovac and 330 km from Belgrade. The spa can be reached via the Belgrade-Niš-Leskovac highway and then via the regional Leskovac-Priština road.
Sijarinska Banja is surrounded by hills covered in thick oak and pine forest, which covers an area of 50 km2, shielding the spa from wind and fog.
Its 18 mineral water springs are spread out over 800 m and all have different physical and chemical compositions and temperatures (ranging from 32 to 72°C). A special attraction, unique to Europe, is the hot water geyser, whose water column reaches a height of 8 m, as well as the periodic geyser which erupts every 10 minutes. Besides the mineral water, radioactive and sulphurous mud is also one of the spa’s medicinal features.
Treatments are administered in the Gejzer Specialised Rehabilitation Hospital. The medical block has the latest equipment for hydrotherapy, mud therapy, electrotherapy, kinesiotherapy, inhalation and warm medicinal water therapy.
The following are treated in Sijarinska Banja:
- bone and muscle diseases (various kinds of rheumatism, joint diseases, spondylosis, post-injury conditions)
- sciatica and lumbago
- gastric and intestinal diseases (chronic gastritis and duodenitis, gastric and intestinal ulcers)
- diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract (urinary tract stones, recovery after the break-up or surgical removal of stones and urinary tract infections)
- diseases of the liver, bile duct and pancreas and convalescence after jaundice
- gynaecological diseases (inflammation of various kinds and some forms of infertility)
- lung diseases (bronchial asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and laryngitis)
- neurosis and psychological exhaustion
Guests have the use of an indoor swimming pool and sports grounds. The area around the spa is ideal for hunting and the Jablanica river for angling. In the immediate vicinity of Sijarinska Banja there are the remains of Caričin Grad, otherwise known as Justiniana Prima, a town dating from the early Byzantine period.
INFOSpecijalna bolnica za rehabilitaciju “Gejzer” Kralja Milana 16, 16246 Sijarinska Banja tel: +381 (0)16 895-152, fax. 895-153 www.gejzer.rs