Banja Ljig spa is located at the foot of the Suvobar mountain, below Rajac, at between 160 and 280 m above sea-level. The spa complex stretches along the Ljig river all the way to the Kačer river and is right next to the main Belgrade-Podgorica road, the Ibar Highway (Ibarska Magistrala). It is 87 km from Belgrade and 35 km from Valjevo.
The climate is moderate continental, with fresh summers and moderately cold winters. The mean annual temperature is 10°C.
Banja Ljig is home to several springs of thermal mineral water, with a temperature of 32.5°C, whose medicinal properties were known by the Ancient Romans. The mineral water is used for drinking and bathing.
Diagnosis (ECG, abdominal ultrasound, negatoscope, haematology laboratory), therapies (HeNe laser, traction table, shortwave diametry, diadynamic therapy, therapeutic ultrasound, low-frequency and high-frequency magnetic therapy, electrophoresis, galvanisation, stimulation, lamps for infared and ultraviolet radiation) hydrotherapy and kinesiotherapy.
In Banja Ljig the following are treated:
- skin diseases (psoriasis and eczema)
- bone and joint diseases (inflammatory rheumatism, degenerative rheumatism, post-traumatic conditions, conditions following bone fractures and bone and joint surgery)
- Neurological and psychiatric conditions (multiple sclerosis, neuralgia and neuritis, neurosis, neurasthenia and depressive conditions)
- gastrointestinal tract diseases (chronic gastritis and duodenitis, uncomplicated stomach and duodenal ulcers)
- diseases of the peripheral blood vessels (chronic venous oedema, peripheral vasculopathy)
Guests have access to an outdoor olympic-sized swimming pool with thermal waters, a pedestrian path along the river, small sports fields and a children’s playground.
There are also opportunities for organised trips to the Rajac, Struganik, Valjevo and Divčibar mountains, the Bogovođa and Pustinja monasteries, and especially attractive events such as the Rajac Mow and Hunting in Rajac Season, amongst others, which are particularly aimed at tourists.
INFOHotel Ljig Save Kerkovića 12, 14240 Ljig tel: +381 (0)14 85-380 www.banjaljig.com